Advt. No. CE-09/2021
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), India’s premier engineering and manufacturing enterprise provides World class products and services and caters to core sectors of the Indian economy viz., Power Generation and Transmission, Renewable Energy, Defence, Aerospace, Oil & Gas with over 180 product offerings to meet the needs of these sectors. With a widespread network of 16 Manufacturing Facilities, 02 Repair Units, 04 Regional Offices, 08 Service Centres, 1 subsidiary, 3 active joint ventures, 15 Regional Marketing Centres, 3 overseas offices and current project execution at more than 150 project sites across India and abroad, BHEL manufactures a wide range of high quality & reliable products adhering to national and international standards.
The Company has its footprint in all the inhabited continents of the world with references in 83 countries and has achieved turnover of Rs 17,678 Crores in 2020-21.
BHEL invites applications for upto 10 (Ten) Posts of Young Professional in the area of Corporate Strategy
Management group at its Corporate Office. The position shall be based at New Delhi.
Period of Engagement:
The period of engagement shall be for one year which can be further extended by a period of one year at a time or till the completion of assignment (whichever is earlier). However, the maximum tenure shall be limited to three years.
The Young Professionals shall assist Corporate Strategy Management Group in supporting business incubation efforts by providing inputs regarding necessary study/research in new technological areas, latest development taking place in advanced countries, feasible technologies for BHEL, policy advocacy, roadmaps & implementation plans including milestones, resource requirement and responsibilities for following areas:
1) Hydrogen Economics
2) Additive manufacturing
3) Upstream Solar value chain
4) Energy storage
5) Coal to Methanol
6) Carbon capture
The Young Professionals shall assist in;
1. Scanning business opportunities in line with country’s investment plans and incentive schemes in above
2. Benchmarking with global OEMs and other Govt organizations.
3. Monitor and evaluate progress in key targeted initiatives in above areas and need for modification in current policies/ practices of BHEL to achieve success in these initiatives.
4. Working at Identifying marketing strategies to explore revenue streams in these areas and roadmap
for achieving the same
5. Provide inputs for review meetings between Top Management for feedback and further implementation.
6. Any other tasks which may be assigned from time to time.
The selected YPs will be part of Corporate Strategy Management group and report to Head of Corporate Strategy in BHEL. They will gain invaluable insights & experience working with the top management of one of the largest capital goods manufacturers of the country. The selected candidate(s) are expected to drive high priority initiatives in a very challenging business environment.
Applicants meeting the following eligibility criteria can apply:
(i) Age (as on 01st of November, 2021): The applicant should not be more than 30 years.
(ii) Qualification: Post Graduate Degree or 2-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Engineering graduates from reputed institutions will get preference.
(iii) Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma, should be attained from any of the IIMs or top 50 Management Institutes as per rankings released by MHRD under National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), with minimum
70% aggregate or CGPA of 7.0 out of 10. (List of top 50 management institutes as per NIRF enclosed).
Note: Wherever CGPA is not of 10, the same shall be proportionately derived out of 10.
(iv) Experience: The applicant should have minimum two years’ work experience (as on 01st day of November, 2021), which can be either prior or post to attaining PG degree or two-year PG Diploma in management.
The applications, received against the notification, will be scrutinized by a committee and the shortlisted candidates may be then called for an interaction, if required, by a duly constituted Selection Board.
The outside candidates called for the interaction shall be reimbursed the travel expenses as given below: By
Rail: AC-Second Class or By Road: Actuals, limited to Train fare
The Young Professionals will be paid a consolidated fee of Rs. 80,000/- per month. In addition to the monthly consolidated fee, they shall be eligible for reimbursement of annual premium up to Rs 3500 + GST for mediclaim policy of family (i.e. self and spouse).
Further, on successful completion of the assignment, the Young Professionals shall be given a lump sum amount which shall be derived from the duration of the engagement. i.e. the amount shall be equal to Rs 10,000 x no. of months of engagement for successful completion of the assignment.
1. Applications that are not in conformity with requirements indicated in the advertisement/incomplete applications will not be entertained.
2. The candidature of applicants at all stages of selection process will be provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
3. Candidates/Applicants, who have undergone any major punishment shall not be eligible.
4. BHEL reserves the right to cancel/restrict/ enlarge/reopen the engagement process, if the need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof.
5. Applicants should apply online at www.careers.bhel.in
The application form should comprise of the following:
a. Letter of Interest (LoI) for the said position.
b. Necessary documents to substantiate Eligibility details as referred in Application form, including DOB Proof, PG & Graduation Qualification, Final Mark sheet of PG (Mentioning %ge or CGPA) and Experience Certificate(s).
6. The applicant must ensure that the application form has necessary documents/attachments.
7. Responsibility of attaching the necessary documents shall be with the Applicant. BHEL does not take responsibility of attaching the documents separately or received in any subsequent mail. Maximum Size of the attachment should not exceed 5MB.
8. No hard copy application shall be entertained.
9. The attached documents shall be in legible form- i.e. the contents should be readable. Attachment of blurred/edited images will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
10. Applicants must keep their E-mail ID (from which the applicant is submitted at BHEL) active for at least 6 months as any important intimation/notice with regards to this notification shall be provided by BHEL through e-Mail. They are further requested to check their e-mail for any communication from BHEL in this regard.